Virginia Storytelling Gathering 2021
Stories That Matter
June 4-6, 2021
For 2021, our theme is Stories That Matter – stories that can make a friend, carry another’s burden, change an attitude or an action for the better, right a wrong, build a stronger community, reveal what is often hidden, make you laugh or smile or heal a spirit. What matters to you and how you can relay that through story.
The Gathering is an opportunity for storytellers and listeners and friends to hang out with each other, to learn new things in the art and craft of storytelling, to listen to stories, to hear stories, and to conduct annual business per our bylaws. We hope you will engage, participate, join – and pass the invitation along to friends, family, and others who might like to be a part of storytelling online this June. No event will run more than 90 minutes at a sitting without a body break.
FULL WEEKEND PASS
Includes 13 Workshops, 4 Story Concerts, 4 Swaps in other words all the events!
VASA Members – $59
General Admission – $69
Come for one night or the whole weekend of concerts.
Friday and Saturday Night – $25
One Night Only – $15
What can you expect:
- Great featured nationally known tellers for Friday and Saturday night.
- Seeing your favorite local tellers on Friday and Saturday night in our VASA Spotlight.
- Lots of workshops and the opportunity to sign up for private or group coaching.
- Time to hang out with old and new friends in our virtual dinner and friend space.
- Lots of swaps, both open and topic oriented.
- Our Annual meeting.
- Sunday morning Sacred Stories.
- A promise that we will be back next year (hopefully in person).